Friday 18 February 2011

Time to go

I'm off to see my mother and to wish my grandmother a happy 98th birthday. I know it's time to go because I've done sod-all work for the last hour. Instead, I've been playing with my new TiltShift plug-in. I'll post some results when the registration comes through and the demo stamp no longer disfigures my pictures, but meanwhile, here are other peoples' attempts (click to enlarge):






As you can see, it's a perspective trick which blurs much of the photo and leaves the rest looking like it's a model or miniature. I haven't got £2000 spare for a lens to do it, so I'll settle for a post-production bit of software. It'll be great for my sister's wedding. You need a good wide space, decent light, plenty of action grouped close together, and high contrast, plus a high perspective.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Ewarwoowar said...

I've been to the place in Picture 1 *looks smug*