Thursday 24 February 2011

Plagiarists take heed

You may think that you've got away with it. If you've graduated without being caught, you're probably feeling pretty smug.

Think again. The forces of justice move slowly, but they keep moving. Just look to Germany, where the aristocratic Minister of Defence has just been stripped of his Ph.D for plagiarism. Public humiliation awaits!

This could be you! Personally, I spend my leisure hours going through essays from past cohorts, hunting for cheats.

3 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Interesting you post that now Voley, as Andrew "brillopad" Neill has just tweeted that there's strong evidence that Gaddafi's son plagiarised at university. I think he studied over here but I'm on my phone and not too sure.

The Plashing Vole said...

Yes, the story's been around for a while: LSE did some dirty deals with Gadaffi and nobody looked too closely at the thesis. It's not unheard-of.

Lou said...

I pointed your post out to the nearly 18 year old in my life, who's engaged in his first week at the University of Auckland. I'm trusting that heed has been taken.