Tuesday 1 June 2010

A World Without Dan

It's too terrible to contemplate. The Map Twats went walking between Ludlow and Richard's Castle this weekend. It was muddy, wet and gloomy in the trackless commercial forests. We didn't reach Richard's Castle because, although we had maps (I bought two in a lovely independent bookshop in Ludlow), we didn't have a Dan (he has a cold, and he's starting an actual job today). We wandered round endless paths, confused and increasingly grumpy.

Obviously, I got my recriminations in first, but this is the internet, and is therefore the official place to settle scores.

Yes, I got us lost as soon as we left Ludlow. BUT: I was right when I said 'Richard's castle is over that ridge'. It was. We ignored the ridge and trudged off in a different direction. Actually, I enjoyed the day, though we walked a goodly bit further than intended. I hope that our meanderings spell out a very rude word, viewed from space.

It wasn't much of a day to take photos, but I put a very few here. Neal took the insect ones, and I played with them. Click on them for a larger view.












1 comment:

Benjamin Judge said...

Oh dear, Oh dear. There really is no point buying maps in 'lovely independent bookshops' if you don't actually know how to use them.

Of course Dan and I sometimes get a bit lost too and let's face it, you probably weren't in much danger in Ludlow where the worst that could happen to you is that you fail to get back before the farmer's market shuts.

I'm biting my tongue on your readings of films.