Friday 11 June 2010

The ground cut away beneath my feet

I've been planning to rewrite my PhD as a book - it's a study of masculinity as constructed in novels by Lewis Jones, Gwyn Thomas and Richard Llewellyn. Imagine my horror when I find on the web this book:


Masculinity in Welsh Writing in English: The cases of Lewis Jones, Glyn Jones, Gwyn Thomas and Ron Berry by EMMA SMITH


Now I'll have to spend £71 on this thesis, and hope that my approach is sufficiently different or better. I'm pleased that someone else is thinking about this stuff, but also highly nervous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Vole. You can always go back to drumming for the Manics -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/music/sites/manic-street-preachers/images/manic-street-peachers-sean_446.jpg

The Plashing Vole said...

Hmm. Can't really see it myself. Same number of eyes, nose, mouth etc but beyond that…

You don't think this is more like me?
http://tinyurl.com/voledoppelganger

intelliwench said...

I think all you need to do is work zombies into the mix, and you'll have a best-seller!