Monday 12 April 2010

Spring is bursting out all over

Cambridge looks stunning in spring. I'm not a sucker for chocolate box architecture, but I did wander around enviously. 50% of Cambridge students go to fee-paying schools, despite being only 7% of the school population - then they get subsidised even further as a reward for buying advantage. I wonder how my students would fare with one-to-one tutorials, book funds, spacious rooms, cheap food and even holiday funds. Yes, Cambridge students can apply to have their holidays ('preferably mountainous') paid for them.

All my photos from Newmarket and the British Association of Canadian Studies are here. Click on each picture for a larger version.

Murray Edwards College is truly beautiful: clean 50s/60s colonnades and domes.


















No comments: