Monday 27 July 2009

Morning! Er, afternoon!

Hello all. I've had a day off - hope your lives have been enriched by the opportunity to do something more interesting than read my meandering/whining/moaning.

Where have I been? I've been tramping the mean streets of Stoke-on-Trent and no, I wasn't lost. Anita, who lurks on here, is starting a lecturing job at Keele and needed someone to point out where not to live in Stoke - luckily, she found a great place after 30 minutes and we then drank tea and I tried to say something positive about the place that doesn't include Stoke City FC. Any suggestions?

Guess the workload at Keele University? Is it 13 modules per year, like me? Or 10? Or 3? Does my management think there's a link to teaching quality, student achievement, research output and workload? No, it doesn't.

1 comment:

Jase said...

Positive things about Stoke-on-Trent:

- Friendly locals (except the scary poor people)
- Nice parks (although a little tired of late)
- Ford Green Hall
- Plenty of nice old buildings, not least bottle ovens and such things
- Surprisingly, Hanley Museum and Art Gallery
- An easy place to escape from and close to nice places to escape to
- An almost poetic inability to plan its way out of industrial decline (oh, hang on a minute, that's not so positive!)

...and not Stoke City FC!