Tuesday 21 July 2009

Life comes to a juddering halt

I'm about to experience life as a non-consumer for a week or two, thanks to some utter, utter, bastard who defrauded my debit card last night. He or she managed to pay for two lots of 'phone credit then had a £300 transaction refused, so I won't lose anything, but it'll be quite a while before I get a new card, change all my online accounts (ABE, Amazon, Apple, loads of others) and start buying books again. What a monumental pain in the bottom. Well done to Co-op Bank though - they caught on very fast.

On the agenda today - final exam board meetings to get through the resit grades, do some more bike fixing (I just bought some bright blue tyres to go on my ancient bike - quality turd-polishing) and perhaps even some proper work.

7 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Ouch! Wish I could send you some patience to last for those two weeks, but I don't have any.

At least you have your bike to keep you occupied.

Benjamin. said...

Terrible news, it's the greatest concern of recent years ID fraud and I even had to sell packages for a company via phone. Basically conning the housewives without letting my superiors know I was actually 95 per cent deaf. Of course they found out...

Have patience as SCW says and at least this gives you time to read the books you have already bought.

Ewarwoowar said...

Sorry to hear that Voley.

The bank once phoned up my Dad and asked him if he really had bought 2 tickets for a flight to China. He hadn't. We got the money back, thankfully, but this shit is all too common nowadays.

Kate said...

Sorry to hear that Voley, but it sounds like you have a good bank to help you through it, thank goodness.

Sue said...

Poor Dr. Vole, that’s awful.
Hope you get it sorted out soon.

saxon said...

Heartily recommend Co-Op.
My Smile card has been replaced twice like this - the first time, I received the new card before I even knew there was a problem.

The Plashing Vole said...

Yes, they're pretty good, despite the £13 monthly subscription. I stay with them mostly for the ethical policies.