Friday 17 July 2009

Bowling my superiors a Googly

The cricket coverage is here. England collapsed in the lower order, then recovered for a while courtesy of Anderson and Onions. I know that some of you (in particular, Mrs Cynical Ben) wanted less sport, but I'm making an exception for fencing (because I actually do it) and cricket because it's an art.

The work proceeds excessively slowly because a) it's really dull and b) I don't know what I'm doing. The latter will be hidden under layers or smart-arse academic speak - I've already cited Derrida in French and gone on about the joys of poststructuralism, neither of which they'll understand. That's the way to communicate contempt…

5 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Nice to see it's not just us students who indulge in a bit of bullshitting when we are struggling through an essay! The difference is that you guys can see through it, sadly.

Kate said...

Poststructuralism is indeed very, very wonderful, you should have been at my conference this week, the place was packed to the rafters with poststructuralists, pure heaven. Such experiences help me remain sane for the other 51 weeks of the year! Surely you can work some Foucauldian governmentality in there too, go Voley!

The Plashing Vole said...

Thanks for the encouragement, all. I will work governmentality in, now you mention it.

intelliwench said...

Do be careful what you write, Mr. Vole -- your literary emissions may have unintended negative impact on the ozone layer!

The Plashing Vole said...

Yes, all this hot air is bad for the planet…