Wednesday 1 July 2009

Found

A l'Oréal Shocking Volume Waterproof Moisturizer thingy. Not exactly lost, more thrown from a car window by its owner because it was empty, in a stunning display of public citizenship.

I'm at a staff research conference this morning, in the Lighthouse cinema. I'm on first, which at least gets the boring stuff out of the way. We're already running late - one of the three organisers has arrived, only 20 minutes late.

I see the day as a trap. Our new management will be taking notes. Anyone conducting research which doesn't attract external funding will be sacked. Anyone think of ways to parlay Welsh literature into EU/corporate funding? I'm presenting on an untranslated 19th century Welsh clergyman and academic today. Try to restrain your excitement…

2 comments:

Lou said...

No comment on academic stuff - way beyond my comprehension. I do hate litterbugs though so feel qualified to comment on that - they should be locked in stocks and pelted with their own litter.

The Plashing Vole said...

Hell yes. I live in a slum, so fail to understand why the inhabitants want to make it worse! It just makes me angry. Unfortunately, it's a violent slum and bad things happen to people who intervene, as I've found out to my cost.