Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Oscar for Irony goes to…

Daniel Day-Lewis for this exchange with Word magazine journalist Tom Teodorczuk:

DD-L: I don't know why people are so fascinated with the lives of actors, to tell you the truth. I haven't met that many terribly interesting actors, to be honest with you. I don't understand the fascination with actors' lives.

Journo: You wrote a memoir called Pictures In My Head. Any other literary ambitions?

DD-L: I'm writing another one. I admire the way Dirk Bogarde turned his career into becoming a writer. That's what I really want to do. There's a bigger picture that I want to document. One of the highlights of my life… [and then he goes into tedious anecdotal detail about why actors' lives are actually fascinating].

2 comments:

DD-L said...

I'd still drink your milkshake though Vole. Shrrrtthhhllluuuuuurrrrpppp. I'M DRINKING YOUR MILKSHAKE. I DRINK IT UP!

The Plashing Vole said...

Hello Ben.