Thursday 25 August 2011

Vole's top film tip

See The Guard. OK, it's a white-black cop buddy film. But the white cop's a slightly corrupt racist and the black cop's an FBI man sent to the west of Ireland. If you're Irish, you'll laugh all the way through, except for the sad bits. If you're not, you'll laugh 80% of the time. Brendan Gleeson stars, so you can't go wrong.

And you'll discover that IRA operatives have to file reports.



Meanwhile, here's a lunch to put a smile on your face, and a notice strung up near my flat. I admire the tradition of publicly humiliating your opponents. I just wish the signs were spelled better.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for making a dull afternoon a bit brighter. God I love Brendan Gleeson he's so sexy.

The Plashing Vole said...

A pleasure. He is brilliant in everything he does. But sexy? That just goes to show how varied human desires can be.

Zoot Horn said...

What worries me is that in the lower picture it looks like you are about to eat your dinner using someone's chest as a table. Is this a consensual arrangement I wonder? How cold is that salad?

The Plashing Vole said...

I advice the owner of the chest you're using as a basis for comparison to seek medical help.