Wednesday 22 July 2009

Rude management gits

I'd almost forgotten: some months ago, it was announced that the university, despite being several million pounds in deficit, had contracted McCann Erickson (a very expensive advertising/PR firm) to do some promotional work for us, even though we have all the resources to do it ourselves. I mailed the director of communications on April 9th to ask how much it cost - no reply so far.

So I've mailed him again, having heard that he mentioned my mail to his colleagues:

Dear A....., I mailed you several months ago asking you about the McCann Erickson arrangement.
Due, presumably, to an oversight, I appear not to have received any sort of reply from you. Do you think you could address my query?
Yours with thanks and in anticipation of a speedy response,

2 comments:

Kate said...

Surely the reputation of the university would be enhanced far more effectively if they ploughed more money into supporting quality research, as opposed to ploughing money into advertising an institution which is bottom of, sorry, refuses to participate in the league tables. Curious isn't it, given their obsession with managerialist tools?

The Plashing Vole said...

Indeed, one would have thought so. However, I get the feeling that our management see their role as hosts of a lovely money feast to which all their corporate friends are invited.