Tuesday 24 November 2009

So well suited

Here I am again, wearing a classic tailored suit once more - after some teaching this morning, it's lunch and my teaching qualification award - let's hope my Maximum Leader can forget that I've asked her to resign in front of a couple of hundred people long enough to shake hands and smile. I'll be on my best behaviour - as always.

Tasks for today: marking, teaching, re-reading 'Brokeback Mountain' in preparation for a course I'm doing at the end of the week (something about early career English lecturing). There's a Virtual Learning Environment (i.e. webpage) task to do before we turn up. I also need to read The Winter's Tale for Thursday, and prepare my case for the Licensing Committee tomorrow: the empty restaurant beneath my flat wants to open and have live music until 4 a.m. I'm less than impressed. Perhaps a darker, more severe suit is required for that one.

Finally, I'm off to the German Market with Emma tonight - Birmingham's huge, authentic and expensive version of the classic German Christmas experience. Glühwein, sausages, beautiful handmade gifts for people. Rain. Brummies. Hmm… maybe not so authentic.

No comments: