Monday 9 November 2009

A good way to spend money

I've had this conversation a few times this week: what would you do with the £45,000,000 lottery win scooped by a couple in Wales and by a syndicate of workers?

One thing I'd do is pick my least favourite people in the world and hire a team of people to follow them everywhere they go. You could have a bunch of people shouting 'sanctimonious war criminal' at Tony Blair or 'read a book' at George Bush 24 hours per day, or perhaps hound the director-general of the BBC with quotations from Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Bargain Hunt or Cash in the Attic or most Radio 4 'comedy' until he made a personal apology to every licence payer.

Then it struck me: we don't need lottery wins. We just need a lot of people to donate a small amount of money to cover flights, loudhailers and bail money, and get volunteers. We could, and I'm sorry to use such terribly trendy language, 'crowdsource' the cash. Who's with me? I said, WHO'S WITH ME?

6 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Not me, I'm afraid Voley.

I'd have a cocaine and hookers binge, then marry a girl and go and live in a nice part of the US and invest in property. Maybe buy a Lamborghini.

Would vote Republican as well, just to make you hate me even more.

Benjamin. said...

I think you are both raving mad. With the money, you wouldn't see me again for dust and I would probably buy a struggling football club and see out the remaining days following a massive heart attack endured during threesome with Sienna Miller and Christina Hendericks in Dubai.

Lou said...

I love the 'read a book' idea Vole; could I be the one to do it? I'm qualified in that I read a book once. I'd even cope with being thrown in gaol occasionally for stalking as long as there's a TV and quality comedy (like Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps)to pass the time. I wouldn't want to do the 'sanctimonious war criminal' one though as that sounds a bit wankery.

Winter said...

Me, please can I join Lou in her most holy deed? Though I´m afraid there might be a bit of language barrier: are you sure he would understand what we mean by the term "book"?

Have I had the money though, politicians would be the last thing I would think of; sorry. I would pay off family debts, buy mum and dad a nice house in Italy in some calm fishing area, take grandma to Baikal, hire my best friend-art expert as my personal art dealer, buy closet as huge as Tsarina Elizaveta´s and grab my sister and spend some years learning languages together; God our Lord, this is a hint. Pretty please?

kim mcgowan said...

Can't we just use the money to get our least favourite people seen to? I have a few personal least favourite people; can I tag them on the list - I'm sure we'll qualify for a discount. You'll definitely agree with me when I explain what the additional LFP did/said/didn't say/looked at me like.

The Plashing Vole said...

Kim, let's hear the list! I'm intrigued.
I'd build myself a country home with a massive library and a fencing salle. Obviously the charitable donations too, yada yada, but basically books. I might also buy shares in companies I don't like solely to close them down.