Monday 2 November 2009

Monstrous Monday

Hello all. Survived the trick or treaters? I live in an apartment block, so didn't get any (slightly disappointing - I could have abused them via videophone. Anyway, Iustin and Laura, Emma, Neal and I all toddled off to Howard's haunted house in the woods, which he'd customised: body parts, werewolves and electrical devices all over the place. The less said about the sex doll in the driver's seat of Howard's matt black '69 Cutlass, the better…

I was dressed as the priest from The Omen, complete with cross (constructed by Neal), and my massive, brass-bound 19th-century Bible. In Welsh. It's still there - someone snaffled it, but I trust Howard to find it. We drank rough wine, chatted to lots of students and colleagues for as long as we could stand, danced a little, and like good old people in our 30s, were sound asleep by 3 o'clock. Well, Neal and Emma were snoring away in my armchairs, very uncomfortably, while I watched The Thick of It before retiring. All hail Howard!

I didn't take photos, as I left my camera at work, but Emma did take some, which I've posted here. Don't be scared!

Sunday was therefore a bit of a washout. I fed the animals, we all sat round reading The Observer and The Irish Times, then I went to bed, having completely lost my voice. This is still the case - I'm at work, slaving away, but won't be starring in Tosca (or any lectures) for a while yet…

5 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

I had a splendid day in Stockport, which is not something most people can say. No trick or treaters on Saturday night either - the chavs can't be arsed walking up our hill, and the kids on the hill are far too respectable for that nonsense.

In other news, you including a photo of the Pope on your costume might just be the best thing I've ever seen, ever.

Imaginary Friend said...

I think you look strangely fetching in a dog collar!

The Plashing Vole said...

Nothing evokes fear, especially amongst Catholics, more than an actual Catholic priest.

Perhaps I've missed my vocation. I'm good at making stuff up, look good in black… though my tastes don't run to children.

The Dear Friend said...

Hear, hear, a magisterial blow indeed.
Nice pictures. And if you don't like trick or treaters come to the land of sand for next year. None here: This country hasn't been that Americanised. Yet.

Lou said...

Your costume is hilarious. Love the pope pic. You may have missed your vocation.