Thursday 1 October 2009

Talking of books…

After the most expensive week of my life, I planned to turn to thriftiness for a couple of months, until my bank account has been replenished.

Planned to. Failed to. I went to the bookshop for a standalone copy of Henry V (which they didn't have), and ended up buying - at full price - books on literature and history, Derrida, Lacan, literary theory and a second complete Shakespeare. Then, not looking like a man who had all he could read, I went online and bought the latest three Library of Wales books, Jack Jones's Black Parade, Alun Richards' polemical Dai Country and yet another edition in my collection of Glyn Jones's stunning, complex, ambiguous The Valley, The City, The Village.

This really must stop.

1 comment:

Imaginary Friend said...

Oh dear. You really need therapy.