Sunday 10 May 2009

Salford United v. Manchester City

Somehow, this blog seems to have been taken over by a nest of Reds. So I thought I should introduce you to my old friend Neil.

Like you Manchester United fans, he doesn't live anywhere near Manchester.
As one of Murdoch's News International team, he too has a 'privileged' relationship with the regulatory authorities, and lives to wipe out the opposition.

Unlike you, he's a Manchester City fan. Let's hope Everyday Isn't Like Sunday for you, Neil!

(Sorry. Bit of Mancunian music-based humour there. But you did ask for more jokes, and everybody ignored my comment about Hazel Blears and the large TV).

13 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Your United wind-ups are getting more desperate by the day.

1/10, "see me".

The Plashing Vole said...

True. I wasn't very inspired last night.

Newton Heath 18 said...

Indeed not - maybe you're still recovering from the shock of Stoke staying up.

The Plashing Vole said...

It wasn't a shock to me at all!

Benjamin. said...

Is it me or should Emma have her own blog featuring her dry sharp wit and intelligence not forgetting her loyalty to Manchester United.

Are you the blonde curvy lady yesterday at Manchester Airport in a 'Rooney 10' shirt that stole all our hearts?

Newton Heath 18 said...

I should have my own blog.
Unfortunatley, I am not the blonde in the Rooney shirt. I have always had Giggs on the back of my jersey.

Benjamin. said...

Good God, a Ryan Giggs fan too.

Well I'd certainly read your blog if you find the time to construct one over the hazy days of summer.

The Plashing Vole said...

unfortunately, Emma doesn't have long, hazy days. She has an actual, long-hours, JOB! I do sympathise…

Neil Haynes said...

Yes, some of us work for a living, even if it means being apart from our beloved team and spiritual home. I think I'll see if Rupert can fix it for (Salford) United to get relegated from the Premier League. I'm sure he could have a word with someone, and I've worked very hard this year.

The Plashing Vole said...

That actually made me laugh out loud, Neil. Or should i say LOL!

The Plashing Vole said...

And Neil, that's the laziest blog I've ever seen. You haven't changed much…

(It's http://whichversionofthetruth.blogspot.com/)

Newton Heath 18 said...

Demented Demon, I am not afraid to say I cried when I was actually at OT to see him come on for his 800th appearance.

Neil Haynes said...

I'd forgotten about that blog! The web is strewn with my half finished efforts (I have 3 blogs, 10 email aliases and about 15 .com domains at the last count.) It's not lazy, it's ADD on a massive scale.