Tuesday 26 January 2010

Just keep calm…

Morning everyone. Well, it is here, just about. It's a brave new dawn of teaching instead of marking, but the hangover is hard to shake off - I was too tired even to go swimming this morning, despite being in bed by 9.30.

What a day it's going to be - students collecting essays, some teaching, and I have a piece to write for the English lecturers' newsletter: a chance to give my colleagues nationwide a broadside of full-on Vole. I think the key is to avoid trying to be funny: it's not my métier. Pomposity, on the other hand, I can do… but perhaps not. Any ideas?

Meanwhile, the keel of my cultural ship is broken: none of the Guardian's links are working for me, so all I can see is the front page and lots of 404s. Aaaarrrggghhhh - deprived of guilty liberal-centrist views and Steve Bell. It's going to be a long day.

1 comment:

Ewarwoowar said...

Not popping in today Voley as I'm still shaking off manflu. As I have an appointment tomorrow however I may pop by, if you're in.