Tuesday 22 December 2009

Cadet Winton 2009


This is probably of interest only to the fencers amongst you, but I've posted some pictures of my West Midlands team in action. They aren't very good, to be honest: the lighting was awful and I'm not yet quite skilled enough with my (rather good) camera to get good sporting shots.

West Midlands came 4th, and my Women's Epée team won their event 9-0, which obviously was brilliant. Here's the full team (minus one fencer who went home early, ill) and the Women's Epée team with their medals.


4 comments:

The Plashing Vole said...

Ewar, I have deleted your comment. It was unacceptable.

Ewarwoowar said...

There is an old joke where a woman complains to the conductor about a man whistling on a bus.

When the conductor asks her what the problem was, she said "He's whistling a rude song!"

The Plashing Vole said...

Yes Ewar, your joke suggests that what's unacceptable is generated by the imagination of the recipient, and it's very often a valid point.

However, I'm not convinced that your original comment fits that category - and nor do you, or you wouldn't have wondered aloud about deleting it.

I'm a child protection officer/welfare office for my sport. Fencers and parents don't want dubious comments attached to their pictures.

Sorry to be so heavy, but it's important.

Ewarwoowar said...

Right you are, Voley.