Thursday 27 August 2009

Books, sweet, sweet books

The five day book drought's over. Emma presented me with a sports book that even Ewarwoowar won't have read - Michéal O'Muircheartaigh's bilingual memoir of Ireland and being GAA's most famous commentator.

Also, I called into The Works today and accidentally bought five of the six special Bill Amberg designed Penguin Classics special editions, in soft loose leather with a box (The Great Gatsby, A Room With A View, Brideshead Revisited, The Big Sleep and A Picture of Dorian Gray). They're absolutely beautiful and a snip at £6.99 instead of £50. I just need Breakfast at Tiffany's to complete the decadent set.

2 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Yes, you've trumped me there Vole! Bet you needed the book in front of you to spell his surname though!

The Plashing Vole said...

Ewar, I'm a son of the ould sod: it comes naturally. The anglicised version is O'Moriarty.