Wednesday 5 August 2009

At last, he's back

Good morning, one and all. How was your Tuesday?

I spent it in Chester, which is a big tick on its own - the place is a Roman/Medieval/Georgian beauty near the Welsh border. Better than that, I went there to meet Victoria, one of the very first people I made friends with at Bangor University in 1993. We ate fine foods, walked by the river, bought an awful lot of books (hard to believe, I know) and generally set the world to rights. All in all, the perfect anecdote to spending months in Wolverhampton.

And on the way back to the station, I bumped into James, who's moved to that fair city. He was a bit miffed that I didn't stay to go drinking with him, but we are going walking on Friday and then spending the weekend carousing in Chester.


No comments: