Friday 2 October 2009

Hail shining morning!

I've had a very productive morning. Wallowed through 60 lengths, bought some earplugs to counteract the shit nightclubs clustered round my door, bought soda bread, Stilton, farmhouse butter and bantams' eggs from the farmers' market in town, accidentally bought a pile of books (I know…) and switched my electricity account to Ecotricity's fully renewable New Energy Plus tariff, so I'm feeling very smug and pleased that it will annoy Ewar, whose comment on my 'banned books' entry reveals a depth of misanthropy I can only admire.

I seem to have developed a sense of energy: last night I took a walk for the Culture Cheese and Pineapple task (pictures will be posted over there and here later on), and built all my record shelving, which was quite a job but very satisfying. Thinking about buying a tool belt now. And some chaps. With an Indian headdress.

What books have I bought, I hear you ask! Fergus Linnane's The Lives of the English Rakes, Martyn Bennett's The English Civil War: A Historical Companion (it wasn't the English civil war, but let's not be picky), a beautiful reprint of Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience reproducing the original colour engravings which are essential to understanding the poems, a reprint of Strachey's Eminent Victorians (basically - I hated my dad and all the other smug beardies) and most wonderfully of all, The Encyclopaedia Shatnerica, which promises hours of fascination. Essential purchases, I'm sure you'll agree.

1 comment:

Live News said...

Hello Sir,

I am very much impressed to your site . I have been maintaining this blog http://news-updations.blogspot.com/ to share the worldwide news information to everybody.

So If you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for all user. It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://news-updations.blogspot.com/ in your site so that it can benefit our visitors.

Our title is Current news updates

Your site contains so many other standard information which gives more knowledge. The presentation of the information is very nice and made the users to read it get the concepts in the right manner.

Hope you would add my blog.

Awaiting for your positive reply.


Thank you
With Regards,
Megaanaustin