Friday 1 May 2009

Take the skinheads bowling, take them bowling

I went bowling last night with my housemates and assorted nerds from the computational linguistics department. Very charming nerds they are too.

The bowling was surprisingly good fun. Turns out it's not simply what teenagers do before they can get served in pubs. My performance veered between atrocious and surprisingly good, though what made the difference, I don't know! I was later humiliated at air hockey by a computational linguist who shares a hairdresser with Fellaini (no skinhead he)!


Anyway, today's a big day. My fourth sister (youngest of the six of us) is 23 today, I went for a fast swim even though tendonitis is turning my hand into a hook, and I'm being observed by my PGCE mentor while I offer individual tutorials to 1st-year English students. Must practice caring voice (especially after a colleague described a recent piece I wrote as 'sarcastic… dripping with contempt'). Does that sound like harmless little me?

Tomorrow is full of cultural delights - primarily the cheese boat calls at Norbury Junction, a light walk, then the Little Civic for some fine lo-fi.

No comments: