Wednesday 19 May 2010

Hold my calls, Moneypenny

Very exciting day today. I've been for a swim, I've got lots of marking to do, there's a union negotiating committee meeting to attend, then I'm invigilating an exam.

This is exactly the kind of glamour which attracted me to a life in teaching. The intellectual cut and thrust, the bronzed bodies and white teeth, sipping cocktails in the staff room, impeccably rigged out in designer clothes, before driving off in a rakish cabriolet to a conference in St. Tropez.

Er…



7 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

I think you've painted an unfair picture there Voley.

Yesterday I was sitting in Caffe Nero sipping a mocha choca locha superbazookadocka frappuccino when Don Goodman walked past me! I dropped my panini in shock, tbf.

Now that's glamour, kids.

The Plashing Vole said...

Who?

The Plashing Vole said...

OK, I've looked him up now. Classic journeyman footballer.

Ewarwoowar said...

He was a pretty decent player in his day and had a good career. Of course the highlight of his life is undoubtedly this:

http://www.wlv.ac.uk/default.aspx?page=21357

Dan said...

This actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5MXnvLRyY

Benjamin Judge said...

I'm not sure you can be a "classic" journeyman player unless you have wasted at least one season of your career at Stoke City.

The Plashing Vole said...

Cheap shot. Though undeniable. Some journeymen have really saved us: Jon 'the Beast' Parkin and Gerry Taggart spring to mind.