Thursday 24 May 2012

Goods in…

A typical pile of bourgeois liberal merchandise in the post today.

Firstly, the new Steve Bell/Guardian Diamond Jubilee Mug, made in Stoke:


Also, a book which may or may not be of literary merit but will provide another perspective on the endless war poetry dissertations I mark: Poetry of the Taliban. I don't think I've ever read any Austro-Hungarian or Axis poetry from those wars, so I'll be interested to get a sense of the Taliban's perspectives, despite finding their religious and cultural attitudes abhorrent. I've also taken delivery of the new New Welsh Review, and a lot of wet indie music: the new Saint Etienne album (yah boo sucks to Ben and friends), the new Beach House LP, some remastered Everything But The Girl albums and some Quickspace. Lo-fi heaven!

No comments: