Wednesday 3 June 2020

Daily photos no. 45: Miniature Mountains

One of my regular haunts is the Marches - the region along the Welsh-English border, an historically and culturally porous society with a rich history and beautiful geography. I particular love Shropshire's Church Stretton, the Long Mynd and the hills surrounding it. It's like a pocket Alps, with the remains of older industries and polities scattered about the landscape. I go at least once year, often in January when it's deserted and beautifully cold. These are from January 2012, when I seem to have been particularly interested in framing things through arrow slits and broken windows.



When I posted this in 2012 a man got in touch to ask where it was: it was his Ford Capri, stolen years before


Stokesay Castle entrance lodge (more a manor house fortified for style)








Cheery admonition in the Craven Arms church







No comments: