Tuesday 12 May 2020

Daily Photos no. 30: Nuptials

The reason I treated myself to a new camera in 2011 was a request to do the photography at a friend's wedding, held in a Big House in the west of Ireland one sunny day. It had everything - people, an Irish wolfhound, donkeys, marauding children and late night spontaneous music sessions. I won't bore you with pictures of people you don't know but the occasional thing caught my eye without being entirely dependent on you having a relationship with the subjects. I don't usually do portraits and I don't like dogs: most of my people shots are taken at distance, unawares because poses – unless utterly stylised – remove all the personality. Still, some of these work OK.


Piercing blue eyes are a feature of Kerry people




The enormous, placid wolfhound






Donkey

Despite hating smoking, smokers always make good subjects

Children and animals…sickeningly sentimental

More sickening sentiment

No comments: