Thursday 7 May 2020

Daily photos no 27: new camera!

I bought my current camera - a slightly bulky Nikon D7000 SLR in March 2011, having been asked to do the photography at a friend's wedding later that year. The old D40 went to my mother and was never used again because she keeps losing it, and I've gradually added new (mostly second-hand) lenses every since.

These shots are from a walk in the bare hills above Macclesfield with The Map Twats. It was a fine, sunny, breezy day in spring and nobody else was about. I was just playing around with what the new camera would do (and I still haven't unlocked all its secrets) - I was impressed with the way it captured the textures and colours I'm interested in. I do very little editing - cropping and changing the exposure a little sometimes, but my favourite shots are those taken with my 50mm and 105mm prime lenses - they don't zoom in or out, but the images are astonishingly sharp. What you see is what you get. These were mostly taken with my 70-200 Nikon lens, which has always been very reliable.












No comments: