Wednesday 10 February 2010

Nerd heaven

Afternoon all. I've spent two hours at the Apple Store in Birmingham, taking advantage of the assistants' kindliness. My lovely new MacBook Pro is all sorted out bar transferring my iTunes from an external hard drive back onto the new machine. That's proving quite difficult - any help gratefully received…

The sun shone as I left Wolves - by the time I returned there was an inch of snow and the sky was the colour of beaten copper. Within a few minutes it turned bruise blue and snow once again swirled - though only for a few delightful moments.

Time to do some work.

2 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Glad you got your beloved snow! I think we might be done with snow here, very weird for Utah.

Adam Young said...

Does your old mac have Time Machine? If so moving stuff to your new mac is straight forward, take a backup of Old to external drive, and use Migration Assistant on new to copy the backup to New. Although if Old is on an older version of OSX it prob won't work.

So try this: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070130165510807

now, I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I think you'd be wise to ensure you have the same version of iTunes on both Old and New...