Friday 7 January 2011

Start the day with a disagreement

I live less than two minutes' walk from work, but it was enough to get into an argument with a complete stranger. The moron was waiting for a bus, and occupying his time by emptying all the rubbish from his pockets onto the ground. It struck me that this particular mouth-breather was merely doing on a small scale what we're all doing on a civilisational scale. It also struck me that I might earn a punch in the face for saying something, but by that time my gob was already in action. I picked up his rubbish and loudly - and perhaps unwisely - offered to put them in the bin for him, at which he loudly told me to procreate off. No doubt I'm the only one to leave the scene feeling bad.

2 comments:

Sinéad said...

"Procreate off"???
It just doesn't ring true...

The Plashing Vole said...

I paraphrase for a family blog! There are children reading this. Well, potentially.