Friday 14 January 2011

Sod this

I've got so much to do that it's become impossible to work out where to start. Marking, next week's lectures, research: it's all urgent and yet there's no time. I also need to clean my house, buy food and do some laundry.

So I'm doing what I do best: ignoring it. I'm off walking tomorrow, up the Long Mynd in the company of the Map Twats. Even Cynical Ben is coming, joy of joys.

If you don't know the Long Mynd, it's a massive tract of upland in South Shropshire, near the beautiful mini-Alpine village of Church Stretton. Prehistoric burials, ancient industry, the Portway, views across Wales and the good bits of the Midlands - and there's no sign that The Dark Place exists!



1 comment:

Benjamin. said...

Damn. I'll hold off handing you the dissertation, then. God, I swear your walks are as beautiful and mystifying yet pointless as Massey's folly!