Things I've learned while marking essays today:
1. The internet is the most influential communications medium in history. (Never mind that the majority of people alive today have never used a phone, let alone a computer. My money, across the history of human communications, is still on speech, with writing coming second).
2. Comic books and magazines allowed society to appreciate both images and texts. Heavens, I wonder how people managed before them.
3. Media will continually consider the medium. Eh?
4. Mass media empowered the world in ways which were deemed impossible. No, me neither. It's just words.
5. The only form of communication prior to the creation of television, would have been the radio.
6. In hospital settings both the medium and the content are important as without either communication would break and miscommunication could result. (This is an entire paragraph with no further context).
There are some excellent pieces of work, but I seem to have hit a patch of plagiarists and fantasists. It's very depressing. Especially when they do nothing but recycle my lecture material with just enough distortion to reverse what I'm actually saying. Sigh…