Thursday 30 April 2020

Daily photos no. 22: Baby, it's cold outside

OK, we're still in the winter of 2010 and it's been a cold, clear, properly snowy one: I remember going for a stroll with some Cuban students who'd never seen snow before - they were entranced. I'm a cold weather person: it makes me feel alive, whereas any temperature above 20C gives me the complexion of a lobster, the energy of a particularly lazy sloth and the relaxed attitude of a disturbed rattlesnake. Which is lucky, because the first thing I did when I moved into my draughty ex-warehouse flat was take out the useless, expensive storage heaters to give myself more wallspace for book shelves.

I took these with my little D40 from the top floor of my then office building before taking a stroll in the snow. My city has a reputation for being an ugly ex-industrial dump (not entirely unjustified) but parts of the city are as you can see, packed with tree cover, and there are some excellent parks too. The wintery conditions really brought this out. I now live somewhere under those trees, and I can tell you that they're not so apparent from ground level!







No comments: