Tuesday 21 April 2020

Daily photos No. 13 - In Cars

I can't drive. The opportunity didn't present itself when I was a teenager, and the expense and inconvenience combined with an early environmental conscience to stop me learning later on. It would be useful to hire a car now and then, but I've got into my mid-forties without needing one, thanks to living in a country with good public transport, the occasional kindness of friends and my love of cycling. I do find some cars and their infrastructure visually appealing however (though the close up view I got when being hit by one last year was more visceral than aesthetic). These photos were taken within 200 metres of my old flat one evening in 2010, when I was playing with focus, slow shutter speeds and wide apertures. (Click on them to enlarge). 

Traffic lights reflected on a textured wall

Car moving past resurfacing work

Negotiating the lights



No comments: