Thursday 5 July 2012

Snap, crackle and pop

I see NME's music photography competition is up and running again. I was going to enter but discovered that the file and shot size restrictions are so limiting that none of mine qualify, and I'm damned if I'll compress them to within an inch of their lives.

So instead, a small selection of my favourites:

Low, Manchester. Trying to do something slightly different with focus

David Wrench at the Little Civic, with Julian Cope

Talking of Cope… reality's answer to Zaphod Beeblebrox

Lead singer of the Primitives, Little Civic 2012

Same again


Matt, of the Nightingales. He's so fey. 

Alan, also of the Nightingales. Not so fey.

Duelling guitars with the Nightingales

And a couple from Richard Thompson at Warwick Arts Centre:




Being a bit shambolic, I don't have much advice for gig photography. I do have a regular habit though: no zooms, no flash. Use a 50mm f/1.8 (or a 1.4 if you've more money than me) wide open, fast shutter speed and a high ISO. Easy. 

No comments: