Wednesday 20 July 2011

Watch out Glenn Beck, here I come

OK, I did an hour's round table discussion about the hacking/Murdoch affair on a local radio station, alongside a columnist from the Express and Star (much more measured than the bile that rag normally pumps out), my boss Paul (career radio broadcaster) and Dorothy, expert in popular TV.

I have to say that it was an exhilarating and humiliating experience. I got in most of the points I wanted to make (including some satisfying swipes at the Mail and a good deal of leftwing propaganda), and learned things from the others. I was also reminded that I have a voice like Donald Duck with adenoids.

I've done interviews before, including TV: this was far less stressful - it felt like a conversation with friends rather than being on the spot in front of thousands of people.

Having been in the Times Higher, Guardian and The Sword recently, I'm feeling like a complete media whore. More radio please!

4 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

I managed to catch the last 20 mins. Great stuff. Love the way you ended on a Hitler analogy!

The Plashing Vole said...

Did I? I can't remember. What did I say?

Zoot Horn said...

You said that in Hitler's Germany there was no need for him to give the order to liquidate the Jews; it was 'in the culture' and was carried out as a matter of course.

The Plashing Vole said...

Oh yes, I remember now. Perhaps a tad tasteless but the point's fair enough.