Wednesday 15 December 2010

Uppal must be stretching his wings

Given that Paul Uppal, my supposed MP is notorious for only asking questions which relate to his private business interests, I assume that his latest appearance heralds a shift in his investments from commercial property in London to the Middle East (where politics is more to his non-democratic tastes).

Over the summer, I met the British ambassador to the United Arab Emirates, Dominic Jermey, who told me how impressed he was with the Prime Minister visiting the Emiratis in June. In view of those warm words, will the Foreign Secretary tell me what work his Department is undertaking to ensure that British businesses are supported in exporting to Gulf nations?

Meanwhile, still no response to a) my question about the removal of scientists from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs and b) the conviction of a Conservative for electoral fraud in the area - Paul's obsessed with the idea that he's the victim, despite winning the election, not reporting his claims to the police, and the refusal of the Electoral Commission to take him seriously.

No comments: