Thursday 23 July 2020

Daily photos no. 80: Making Hay

Daily Photos is going to become Regular Photos next week for operational reasons. I hope you've enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to actually taking more pictures rather than reminiscing about old ones, but work is intervening as it so often does. But apparently if I stop working, they stop paying me.

Anyway, these were from a  long weekend in Y Gelli / Hay-on-Wye, one of my favourite places. I've never actually been to the Festival due to a long-standing allergy to red trousers, but I've long loved the town, the bookshops and the Welsh and nearby Herefordshire countryside. On this particular visit I asked the Cinema Bookshop manager if they had a Welsh section. 'Nobody's ever asked that', he said, and took me upstairs to an enormous room containing the entire library of a former Archdruid that he'd just bought (the library, not the Archdruid) – an amazing collection which I did my best to deplete.












No comments: