Friday 28 June 2013

A day of random delights

Morning all. I feel like a broken man. Went for a swim before work. Got in to meet a student to talk about his work. He didn't turn up. Complained to the Press Complaints Commission about this Mail on Sunday article. The scum.

Now I'm going to read a friend's PhD chapter and another friend's MA dissertation: both fascinating. One's on Lewis Jones, the Communist miner, activist and novelist on whom I wrote my PhD. The other is about America's initial involvement in the Pacific rim in the late nineteenth-century.

The soundtrack of the day is beautiful Welsh-language indie and electronica: I bought the lovely coloured double 10" releases Y Record Goch and Y Record Las (The Red Record and the Blue Record) and they are corkers.

Here's the lovely Kraftwerk-influenced 'Bish Bash Bosh' by Dau Cefn.

No comments: