Wednesday 21 November 2012

LOL…C

A few photos from yesterday's trip to the Land of Lost Content, Craven Arms' premier museum of everyday material culture. As I've been there before, I didn't take hundreds of pictures, but you may like these. Click on them to enlarge, and I've added the rest to the Flickr set.

Stuffed fox: acquired for £20 from a charity shop


1950s? football boots

It isn't? It is… a bust of Hitler

Outsider art, to put it kindly. I think this is meant to be George Harrison

Tin rocking horse

Frightening child on a bricklaying game box

Brut men's aftershave. Perhaps it doesn't quite work in English. 

Nick Owen, West Midlands news-reading heart-throb. And supposed model for Alan Partridge.

It turns out that Uncle Mac was quite a predatory paedophile as well as the best-loved children's broadcaster of his day.

Anti-Tory badge demonstrating how far we've moved on…

3 comments:

Jason D Jawando said...

I can't be entirely sure, but I think the kitsch painting is of Peter Noone.

The Plashing Vole said...

Who?

The Plashing Vole said...

OK, Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. He didn't play guitar.