Thursday 12 April 2012

The Beauty of Stoke on Trent (1 of 3)

I won't rehearse the rude things Orwell, Priestley and others have said about Stoke-on-Trent. Instead, I'll show you the photographs I took there. These are of the town of Stoke itself, after which the wider conurbation of six towns is named. Stoke consists of three main streets - all these shots are from those thoroughfares. I'll post my favourites in three blog posts. Click on them to enlarge, or go here for the full set.



Note the apostrophe interloper

In Frank Fenton Family Butcher's window


We've got hose in different area codes…





Narnia is not on the other side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could be any Labour run city; there is nothing in any of the photo's that says 'Stoke'.

The Plashing Vole said...

What an asinine comment.
And it's 'photos', not 'photo's'.