Thursday 21 July 2011

In honour of Zoverstock

I'm fully expecting an 8th copy of 10,000 Maniacs' MTV Unplugged CD in the post today, despite their assurances after the first 3 that the computer error had been fixed.

But I thought I should let you into the secret of why I like the band. Easy. Jangly guitars. Good catchy tunes. Good female voice. Thoughtful, interesting lyrics. Little pretension or faked 'attitude'. (I give Cynical Ben half an hour to respond with the foulest abuse he can muster).

Here are a couple of the tracks from the MTV Unplugged CD.



Their cover of Patti Smith's wonderful 'Because the Night':


1 comment:

Benjamin Judge said...

What's the point? They are not worth it.

I will let the fact that you have received seven copies, and no one has asked you for one yet, do all my work for me.