Monday 7 March 2011

Buoys, buoys, buoys

Waking up in a dull hotel on Sunday feeling ill and with 7 hours to go before I could get the train, I decided to take the ferry over to the Isle of Wight. It's very pretty: cute mansions, lots of yachts and gulls. It was also damn cold.

I took a lot of pictures, all of which can be seen here. Here are a few samples - click on them to enlarge. There were lots of blokes with cameras there: suspicious-looking individualists with more camera equipment than anyone can surely carry and CB radios: it dawned on me eventually that they were twitchers, or birders as they call themselves. They looked down on me with my puny 70-200 lens and non-birding pictures…


I really needed a tripod - so I bought one the next day

The scale of these things is immense




No comments: