Thursday 18 November 2010

Be afraid…

A couple of weeks ago, I attended the most over-the-top party since Nero: Howard J is an American and knows no limits. In honour of Hallowe'en, there were zombies. Interestingly carved pumpkins. Burning trash. An actual car overturned and trashed in the garden, skinned bodies climbing out of the bath, an Angel of Death, a zombie soundtrack, a DJ, suicides complete with sticky entrails, burning pallets… and a photographer.

Here's Neal. He came as Tory Economics - back from the dead and wreaking havoc. I came as The Late David Mitchell, with fine zombie makeup. Nobody noticed I was in character. Lots more pictures here.




3 comments:

Benjamin Judge said...

Great photos.

Out of interest: if you are reading this Neal, when you saw the Vole's 'costume' were your first words to him "is that fucking it?"

neal said...

I didn't, too busy trying to put my own together, it was a bit of a last minute effort this year, not too bad though, my photo looks excellent.

I think the makeup had faded a bit my that time, but I agree, considering the efforts that the host went too he should have put more effort in.

That can't be said of Dan though, another incredible, sculptural, anatomically correct costume from him.

The Plashing Vole said...

The truth is, I had a lot of work to do and I'm not really a fancy dress kind of guy. I don't have the imagination or the craft skills, unlike Neal and Dan.