Friday 17 August 2012

Bucket and spade packed


I know it might seem cruel to disappear again so soon after my return from the Olympics, but the sad truth is that Vole needs a little rest, so I've packed my budgie smugglers and I'm off for a few days' recuperation somewhere cold and wet. I'm travelling light this time - no camera, just a few books and clothes. Sadly there's no room for the self-help book my 'educational consultant' foisted on me, but sacrifices have to be made.


This seems like an opportune moment to go on my travels: no Olympics, no Paralympics, no Leveson, and just before we hold our graduation ceremonies. I can recharge my anti-tan (my summer look is roughly that of a stained, aged bed sheet)




I've also just had a farewell lunch with my friend Jim, who turned down an expensive MA at Oxford in favour of Amsterdam - tuition in English, Dutch lessons included, help finding work and tuition fees of €1500 instead of £4000+. I can't help thinking he's taking a route many others will follow. But don't tell anyone… we need those fees!

See you on the other side (i.e. after the bank holiday). 

No comments: