Thursday 29 March 2012

A musical interlude

I've been in meetings all day - which has severely delayed my marking and book reviewing schedule, let alone tweeting and blogging duties. Not all bad though - thanks to the sterling work of my School's executive, I'm now a proper, permanent member of staff. Which is nice, and I've only been working here since 2000. Rumours that Personnel are to take over Forth Bridge-painting duties are unfounded.

The sun's shining, I'm going to go out on my new Moulton later, and I'm feeling more relaxed than I have in a very long time. So here's the soundtrack of the day.

First up, some Frankie Rose. She's been a member of various jangly hipster bands, and now she's made a delightful dream pop album, which I've been alternating this week with the Penderecki/Greenwood horrorfest.



But let's change the mood - to those gloomy japesters Faith No More, with 'Land of Sunshine':



Of course for some people, 'There's Little In The Way Of Sunshine', particularly Half Man Half Biscuit:



And finally, who could resist Leonard Nimoy's classic 'Sunny'? Certainly not Dan, who gave his copy of Nimoy's concrete poetry to a young lady. With astonishing results (i.e. she's still going out with him).

2 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations, Vole! It's about time you received the recognition you deserve.

Anonymous said...

this is a very big deal indeed, congratulations!