Friday 16 December 2011

The most open of goals

"I'm a serious candidate for president of the United States and my facts are accurate"
said Michele Bachmann.

Oh yeah?
Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have'.
Er… John Wayne Gacy was from Waterloo, Iowa. Gacy the serial killer, that is.
I will tell you that I had a mother… come up to me. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter.
Top quality research methodology.
There isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.
Um… there are plenty. If she put a plastic bag over her head and breathed in and out, she'd soon realise.
…the very founders that wrote those documents [the US Constitution] worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States… I think it is high time that we recognise the contribution of our forebearers… men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country.
OK then.
1. Forebearers isn't a word.
2. The Founding Fathers were mostly slave-owners. 
3. Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery in 1865 with the 13th Amendment. The Founding Fathers were long dead.
4. John Quincy Adams 1767-1848 wasn't a Founder. If he didn't rest until Abolition, he must have been spinning in his grave for 17 years. He did detest slavery though, so Bachmann clearly is a serious candidate for the Presidency. Well done, Michele.

No comments: