Tuesday 28 June 2011

Competition Time

I have inadvertently purchased two copies of Linden Peach's excellent The Fiction of Emyr Humphreys: Contemporary Critical Perspectives (University of Wales Press, 2011), at a cost of £20 a go. I can't express how brilliant Humphreys' work is: he and Kate Roberts deserve Nobel Prizes. Try Humphrey's A Toy Epic, Outside the House of Baal or Old People Are A Problem for starters amongst his English-language work.

One copy will be awarded to whoever completes this sentence most amusingly:

My favourite thing about Michael Gove is… 

My decision is final, employees of Michael Gove are welcome to enter the competition.

5 comments:

Grumpy Bob said...

I'm sorry, but my sense of ho=umour has been ablated by a combination of a QAA visit and the White Paper. My submission is therefore:

"My favourite thing about Michael Gove is..."

ed said...

My favourite thing about Michael Gove
Is his subtle failure to pick his nose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTJNP7JUiEs

Benjamin Judge said...

My favourite thing about Michael Gove is that come the revolution I will have somewhere to keep my pike.

Benjamin. said...

My favourite thing about Michael Gove is that his supereme effort to look like a cross between Basil Fawlty & Robert Redford compels children to hate him. What a man.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/6/14/1308083987627/Education-reforms-007.jpg

Sue's Blog said...

My favourite thing about Michael Gove is……just add a fetching tiara and he definitely has the ‘Innsmouth look’!