Thursday 18 November 2010

Wise words from history

I just had some postcards made up of this quote from the great Aneurin Bevan. I'm toying with sending one to Paul Uppal (who's pointlessly flapping his mouth again with a question about school refurbishment: the Tory Scum government has just cancelled the school building programme…):

No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. 

11 comments:

Benjamin Judge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benjamin Judge said...

Wise words indeed.

Hello, by the way.

The Plashing Vole said...

Um. Hello back. Interesting pseudonym.

Benjamin Judge said...

I hope you like my blog...

kajvhag said...

FANTASTIC - can I have one?

The Plashing Vole said...

Er… quite freaked out!
Yes, first one to my office gets a postcard. I may have to order more.

Ewarwoowar said...

I've said this on Twitter as well, but, Ben, you have waaay too much time on your hands.

Will Vole fall for it like Rosetta, I wonder?

The Plashing Vole said...

Gnashing: You're Cynical Ben aren't you?

kajvhag said...

Doh - you could have mentioned it this morning - Ive finished till Monday!

The Plashing Vole said...

Too late Ewar - your comment didn't show up until after I posted mine. I knew it was Ben from the first - a literary critic can spot patterns of syntax.

Ben's meant to be finishing his novel.

Benjamin Judge said...

Actually, that Benjamin Judge is a hotty. I might go and stalk him instead...