Friday 15 October 2010

Blair to get his just desserts

Sorry to get your hopes up. No, he's not going to be dragged in chains to the International Court. But he is nominated for this year's Bad Sex Awards, for his sterling work in his recent book - the first non-fiction (ho ho) book to be so recognised.

A taste:
 "That night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me. On that night of 12 May 1994, I needed that love Cherie gave me, selfishly. I devoured it to give me strength. I was an animal following my instinct," 
The awards are given by the Literary Review, a rather stuffy periodical, with the best possible intention. You've got to be a brilliant writer to get away with sex scenes, and if you aren't, you shouldn't even try. By those standards, Blair should have a hammer taken to his fingers toute de suite.

No comments: